Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Brand Ambassador is responsible for the sales performance specific to one assigned store. The Brand Ambassador must have a passion for the UA brand, embody the UA culture, believe in the company spirit, and have strong communication and interpersonal skills. The Brand Ambassador reports directly to the local Market Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
(*other duties may be assigned)
– Enhance the customer experience within assigned store to exceed sales goals.
– Elevate the Under Armour Brand in assigned store, Educate store staff and customers on our brand, products and technologies, develop Emotional Connections with customers, and Execute all marketing and visual merchandising Initiatives in each store.
– Communicate key findings through proactive store visit reports to Market Manager.
– Build positive business partnerships with store managers, district manager, and the Market Manager.
– Work closely with Market Manager to develop service strategy and weekly priority tasks.
– Participate in weekly meetings with Market Manager, and Manager on duty to ensure store challenges are overcome; sales goals are met and consistent communication is maintained.
– Communicate and train store team on the brand, key products and technologies – Maintain extensive knowledge of fit, fabrication and function of all UA products.
– Partner with Manager on duty to maintain visual presentation and impact results.
– Balance presentation with inventory levels and flex as necessary in partnership with Manager on duty.
– Maintain consistent replenishment to maximize sales potential of product within store; replenishment process that is maintained even in Brand Ambassadors absence
– Partner with Manager on duty to monitor incoming freight for new styles and critical replenishment to ensure they are expedited to the sales floor.
– Maintain effective and articulate communication to Associates, Management Teams & Customers
– Associates communication including new arriving product, promotions and product placement changes.
– Management communication to include product needs by style and size, identification of Best Practices associated with customer engagement
– Ensure utilization and execution of marketing collateral to highlight product stories to maximize sales potential
– Execute all Visual Merchandising standards, and directives.
– Utilize reporting analysis of results and create a strategy based on performance and opportunities within specific categories
– To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
– Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
– Sales – Effectively influences actions and opinions of others
– Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
– Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
– Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
– Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
– Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Ability to work varied hours/days, including weekends, schedule matches needs of the business.
– Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
– Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
– Ability to effectively communicate with customers & teammates.
– Ability to move or handle merchandise/fixtures of up to 50lbs.
– Ability to process information and communicate with management effectively.
– Ability to freely access all areas of the store; including the selling floor, stock area.
– Ability to operate all equipment necessary to run the store.
– Ability to climb ladders.
Education and/or Experience
– College Degree or in progress with previous Retail Sales experience.
– Days/Hours will vary including nights/weekends/holidays; PT teammates will average 20-30 hours/week; FT teammates will average 35-40 hours/week
Please include on your resume or on your application any organizations, affiliations or activities relevant to this role.
Under Armour is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Under Armour depends solely on your qualifications.